You can use iD with your web browser live on the OpenStreetMap.org homepage. Simply zoom in on the area you are interested in, and click the "edit" button!
Note: In your user preferences you can set the "edit" button to launch different editors, in which case you can still find "iD" inside the "Edit ▼" menu drop-down. By default though, new users would simply click "edit".
To help you learn iD, there is a tutorial inside the editor (via a prompt on the start-up screen and always via the bookmark icon on the left side-panel). You also can browse the collection of questions related to iD on help.osm.org. If your question has not been asked already, just add it. A list of keyboard shortcuts is available, too.
iD uses d3js as a rendering layer and has a fast, modular core that manages OSM data. The primary mode of rendering is via SVG, though other renderers will be considered in the future.
- Project introduction
- Code on github
- iD readme (how to contribute, translate, install on a server, …)
- iD github wiki home page (all pages; technical and project infos)
- Bug reports
- A development version is also available if you want to test the latest code. You are still editing the live database if you authorize in the oauth dialog!
|Alpha||December 21, 2012||Alpha 3||February 23, 2013|
|Beta||April 2, 2013||Beta 1||April 2, 2013|
|1.0||May 9, 2013||1.0.1||May 10, 2013||EOL (End-of-life)|
|1.1||August 9, 2013||1.1.6||August 23, 2013||EOL|
|1.2||September 26, 2013||1.2.1||September 30, 2013||EOL|
|1.3||24 de outubro de 2013||1.3.10||May 21, 2014||EOL|
|1.4||May 29, 2014||1.4.0||May 29, 2014||EOL|
|1.5||July 8, 2014||1.5.4||July 29, 2014||EOL|
|1.6||6 de outubro de 2014||1.6.3||10 de fevereiro de 2015||EOL|
|1.7||11 de fevereiro de 2015||1.7.4||September 16, 2015||EOL|
|1.8||November 8, 2015||1.8.3||December 11, 2015||EOL|
|1.9||March 1, 2016||1.9.4||May 4, 2016||Active|
|2.0||November, 2016||2.0.1||December, 2016||Active|
- In the works: iD 1.1 ("iD 1.1 is nearing release. I've just tagged 1.1.0rc1") (2013-07-31)
- Tuning OpenStreetMap Editing: iD Editor 1.1 (2013-06-06)
- Previewing User Interface Improvements in iD Version 1.1 (2013-05-30)
- iD launch on the osm.org (2013-05-07)
- iD reaches Beta 1 (2013-04-02)
- iD alpha3 (2013-03-11)
- Design iD (2013-01-11)
- iD Updates (2012-11-14)
- First steps with iD editor (2012-10-25)
- It Starts With An Editor (2012-10-14)