|Version:||2.14.3 releases (2019-02-26)|
|Languages:||English and multiple languages|
You can use iD with your web browser live on the OpenStreetMap.org home page. Simply zoom in on the area you are interested in, and click the "edit" button!
Note: In your user preferences you can set the "edit" button to launch different editors. In that case you still can find "iD" inside the "Edit ▼" menu drop-down. By default though, new users would click simply "edit".
To help you learn iD, there is an interactive walkthrough inside the editor. You will see a prompt on the start-up screen, and it is always accessible via the help icon () on the right-hand side (keyboard shortcut is 'H'). You also can browse the collection of questions related to iD on help.osm.org. If your question has not been asked already, just add it. A list of keyboard shortcuts is available, too.
A more detailed tutorial for iD can be found at the LearnOSM web site.
iD uses d3js as a rendering layer and has a fast, modular core that manages OSM data. The primary mode of rendering is via SVG, though other renderers will be considered in the future.
- Project introduction
- Code on GitHub
- iD readme (how to contribute, translate, install on a server, etc.)
- iD GitHub wiki home page (all pages; technical and project information)
- Bug reports
Contributions are very warmly welcomed. Currently User:bhousel and others are contributing.
Localisation / translation
iD uses transifex for translations https://www.transifex.com/openstreetmap/id-editor/ more information on GitHub.
See also: entries of the mapbox osmdev blogs (only until July 2013)
- In the works: iD 1.1 ("iD 1.1 is nearing release. I've just tagged 1.1.0rc1") (2013-07-31)
- Tuning OpenStreetMap Editing: iD Editor 1.1 (2013-06-06)
- Previewing User Interface Improvements in iD Version 1.1 (2013-05-30)
- iD launch on the osm.org (2013-05-07)
- iD reaches Beta 1 (2013-04-02)
- iD alpha3 (2013-03-11)
- Design iD (2013-01-11)
- iD Updates (2012-11-14)
- First steps with iD editor (2012-10-25)
- It all starts with an editor: the blog edit. (2012-10-14)