I am living in Maribor, Slovenia.
I joined OSM to help map my home town and its vicinity. My special interests are mapping hiking trails. I want to help create an open geo database of all hiking and cycling trails on Pohorje and beyond.
In my professional life I am a computer programmer / systems architect. In my spare time I am developing various open source tools. One of those projects is an open source GPS and GIS data collector, editor, analyzer and visualizer (with the emphasis on hiking), but there is still a long way to go.
My contributions to the OSM project:
- Covering the city of Maribor and Pohorje mountain
- Srtm2Osm tool which calculates elevation contours (from SRTM data) and saves them in the OSM file format.
Work in progress:
- Kosmos - a standalone application for OSM map rendering and tile map service. Currently finishing Kosmos 2.0 with completely redesigned GUI.
- GroundTruth - a tool for creating Garmin maps from OSM data. It features Kosmos-like rendering rules and generates TYP files which can customize map rendering to user's desires.
- Additions to the Kosmos:
- 3D map
- elevation profiles for OSM ways and GPS tracks and routes
- routing and hiking planner
- many, many wonderful things ;)
I am using Garmin Oregon 300. In the past I used Garmin eTrex Vista Cx.
Visit my blog on igorbrejc.net for news on my OSM activities and also about software development in general.
You can also follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/breki74