I was invited to SOTM 2009! - a big special thanks to the organization.
Involved with IBGE (Brazilian Geographic Office) Data import.
I'm from Brazil and have been interested in the project since late 2005.
I´m having fun mapping São Paulo, my hometown and near cities, using a Garmin Venture GPS and the Yahoo! imagery.
- The biggest National/State highways that cross the Metropolitan Area with the Yahoo! Applet
- Rodovia dos Bandeirantes
- Rodovia Anhaguera
- Rodovia Anchieta
- Rodovia dos Imigrantes
- Rodovia Fernão Dias
- Rodovia Ayrton Senna
- Rodovia Presidente Dutra
- Rodovia Presidente Castelo Branco
- Rodovia Raposo Tavares
- Rodovia Régis Bittencourt
- Rodoanel Mário Covas
- Extending the above about 100km beyond the limits of Yahoo Imagery by GPS
- Marginal Tiête e Marginal Pinheiros Expressways on both sides of the river
- A bunch of the most important avenues of the city like 23 de Maio, Santo Amaro, Bandeirantes, Faria Lima, etc
- Trace of the huge city lakes (almost done - man, this was a lot of nodes)
- My (previous) neighborhood (Morumbi)
- Jundiaí - my location nowadays
I also contributed with a few patches for the (now defunct) Java Applet and I'm very interested in research on fast geo database structures.