Dutchman residing in Zürich, Switzerland since the second half of 2017.
My main interests are in cycling and walking/hiking, therefore the focus for OSM will also be on specific infrastructure for these activities.
Currently active topics
- Completing the cycle network in Zürich.
- Hiking, and adding the Swiss hiking routes network to the map.
- Trying to (snowshoe) hike as many not yet mapped hiking routes in the nearby mountains.
- Adding all the natural elements of South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands to the map, starting in the west.
- When we finally found Agriturismo La Castellana while hiking the Via Degli Dei, I decided it was time for my first OSM action and added it to the map directly via OSMand so other people may find it easier. We were then using a paper map for the route, which had all sort of mistakes regarding the locations of guest houses and hotels, quite annoying when you are not carrying a tent and booked them based on their location on the map (14-Jun-2016).
- Completely mapped the remote Salmonberry River in Oregon, USA after hiking along the abandoned Port of Tillamook Railway, see my diary entry (19-Feb-2017).
- Completed the Schwyzer Hohenweg regional hiking route (08-Dec-2017).
- Completed the Züri Oberland-Höhenweg regional hiking route (14-Dec-2017).
Key:mtb:scale (only level 0 and 1 is relevant to my skill and guts).