I live in Zurich. I'm mostly interested in mapping alpine hiking routes using GPS and Photography. Drawing from maps is another activity of mine. I use the cadastre francaise to draw buildings in France. Bing Maps provide a resolution of detail that allows for mapping foreign places. I like to map Airports from Bing. They can be mapped without ever having been there, just by using common sense. Another interest is the mapping of river shorelines from aerial photographs like yahoo or bing.
- Garmin Oregon 300
Where do I map
- hiking routes all over Switzerland
- Zurich and its region
- Unmapped regions near Thun
- Unmapped hiking ways from guidepost to guidepost... see here
- Aigues-Vives and Aubais (F)
- Laktasi and its surrounding in Bosnia
- Airports around the world
Some major mapping effort
- Thierachern bugs
- Aubais and Aigues-Vives
- River shorelines (waterway=riverbank) for Thur, Sihl, Alpenrhein from Yahoo.
- Airports from Mostar, Sarajevo, Podgorica, ...
- Airport Ljubliana
- Airport Banja Luka