sometimes I wonder whether the OSM discussions are undermined by commercial map providers,
see the Simple Sabotage Field Manual: (Page 18)
(a) Organizations and Conferences
(1) Insist on doing everything through "channels." Never permit short-cuts to be taken in order to expedite decisions.
(2) Make "speeches", Talk as frequently as possible and at great length., Illustrate your. "points" by long anecdotes and accounts of personal experiences. Never hesitate to make a few appropriate "patriotic" comments
(3) When possible,refer all matters to committees, for "further study and consideration." Attempt to make the committees as large as possible,never less than five.
(4) Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.
(5) Haggle over precise wordings of communications, minutes, resolutions.
(6) Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to re-open the question of the advisability of that decision
(7) Advocate "caution." Be unreasonable and urge your fellow-conferees to be "reasonable" and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.
(8) Be worried about the propriety of any decision - raise the question of whether such action as is contemplated lies within the jurisdiction of the group or whether it might conflict with the policy of some higher echelon.
At the moment, I concentrate on
- Tourism- POIs in general (hotels, campings, restaurants, bars etc.)
- Motorbike-related POIs shop=motorcycle
- A (general) namespace for shops, see proposal for all shops
- The KISS_principle ("keep it simple, stupid")
("allowing information to be shared within a larger network and attracting more consumers to use the new technology,
further enhancing network effects")
- OSM namespace (see above)
- When to create a proposal
(not necessarily if I have to go to the toilet or change a comma, so please don't bother me with "profound mental retardation" issues, try to be constructive)