User:Rw/Proposal:Welcome Working Group/2012-10-17 agenda
- Date: Wednesday, 17 October 2012
- Time: 1800H UTC
- Location: #osm-strategic on http://irc.oftc.net, or #osm-strategic on http://irc.openstreetmap.org
- Attendees: Those wishing to participate in the proposed Welcome Working Group.
- Duration: 30 minutes
Participants will introduce themselves briefly, with the skills and participation level they intend to offer to the group.
Introductions: 5 minutes
Working group staff
Staffing committed to this potential working group so far.
Volunteers: Scientific oversight and experiment design:
- user:Ecologeek aka yarma (will change that)
Management Team contact:
Language, culture and translations:
- several volunteers
Additional staffing is required for key positions to make this group viable.
Chair, to host meetings and keep them moving
- chair and backup needed
Secretary, to prepare agenda and minutes, send reminder notices
- secretary and backup needed
Coders, to write tools to execute or assist in the experients.
- ideally a pool of three is needed
What can we learn from previous research? Tasks were assigned at User:Rw/Proposal:Welcome Working Group/Initial meeting agenda
- (Komzpa) check own research
- not available for comment
- user:Ecologeek check cquest research
- "about 20%" respond with positive email, from ~1300 emails across France
- (SomeoneElse) own research
- approx 66% email reply to hyper local email offering editing advice.
- 16 of 19 new mappers continued to map after contact by local user.
Several volunteers to track new signups locally, send a form letter to half and compare mapping activity between groups.
- Follow up.
pnorman asked if technical tags from imports, etc. we discouraging new users from editing objects.
- how can we measure this?
pnorman asked the use rate of various editor software for an account first edit?
- query to follow.
Wednesday 24 October 2012, 1800H UTC on #osm-strategic