S3DB Round roof
Hi Nicolas, you added at Simple 3D buildings the round roof type. But AFAIK the S3DB schema was released already, so we should not add more and more features? But maybe you have different informations, please tell me :) --!i! 17:15, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
- I didn't add any new type. The round roof type was already in Simple 3D buildings when I looked, I only added the image. OSM-4D/Roof table#Name translation confirms the "round" -> 5.0 mapping.
- By the way, the page has absolutely nothing saying that it's a "finished schema" that shouldn't be modified. --Nicolas17 (talk) 17:39, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
- Hi, I will check the history to find who added the column, sorry. My personal recognition is, that every detailed schema ("a bunch of tags fitting together") is a snapshot to allow coders to implement all the features. If more features get added, it needs an formal notification, thus all devs can discuss the new idea and implement it. With S3DB the idea was AFAIK to introduce more complex roof modelling in a somewhat Complex 3D buildings schema, that adds much more abilities. But not a problem, I will discuss this with the original author. --!i! 09:10, 29 May 2013 (UTC)
SotM 2014 videos
Nicolas, Thank you for uploading SOTM videos to vimeo and linking to them from this wiki. I did this job last year and know that it is a lot of work to complete so a big thank you. I'm not sure if it's possible for me to help, but if you have any ideas do tell me --RobJN (talk) 23:38, 20 November 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for your comments. What took me the most work is fixing the audio volume in Friday's videos. There were problems like the speaker's microphone being too low, but the wireless microphone for people asking questions being normal, so I couldn't just increase the volume of the entire video... But that's done now and the audio was recorded much better in the weekend.
- There's also slicing the long recordings into one video per talk. Did you have that same task? What tool did you use?
- I'm not sure how you could help. Perhaps add the wiki links for the other videos I uploaded today so I don't have to :) Nicolas17 (talk) 23:51, 20 November 2014 (UTC)