- Hi Mateusz, thank you. To minimise that pollution, the one-off edits were all marked as minor, which can be excluded from watchlists. The edit summary was clear, and allowed quick processing. The move from http to https has been tedious partially because some http clients do not reliably follow redirects, so anything that easily encourages https in user configs is desirable. It also saves those redirects, making the internet just a tiny bit faster. -- Stereo (talk) 12:44, 17 January 2018 (UTC)
- MediaWiki has a bot flag for these kinds of edits, we should really start making use of it. Not all "minor" edits by human users are unproblematic, so I'd rather not hide them. (I believe there's not really a mechanism for handing out bot flags at the moment, though, so that's not really your fault.) --Tordanik 21:22, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
In this example, it would have been better to replace the link with [[IndoorOSM#PicLayer]], as it's an internal link. Perhaps a possible improvement for your bot if you plan on running it again in the future.
Likewise, it would have been preferable to replace http links to wiki.openstreetmap.org with internal links instead of just replacing http with https, such as with the following examples (and likely many more, I just superficially checked some of the ones on my watchlist): , , . --Tordanik 21:24, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
- I would like to run it again and do that. I do feel that such a change would be mostly cosmetic, and not significantly change the way our users experience the wiki. On the other hand, most of the remaining http links to the wiki could be fixed that way. Until we can get that bot flag working, I will attempt to minimise the pollution that Mateusz has complained about. When we can, there are many other small things we could fix, like converting html tags to wiki syntax and fixing bad wiki markup. How difficult do you think it would be to set it up? -- Stereo (talk) 18:46, 21 January 2018 (UTC)
- The main benefit of the internal links is that they work with tools such as "links to this page" and therefore will not be overlooked when moving pages or doing other wiki maintenance. But sure, it's not terribly high priority.
- Right now, there's only a handful accounts with bot permissions, all of them a few years old. I suggest just finding an admin who seems to be active at the moment and asking them to flag your bot account. Asking on Talk:Wiki also has a chance of working. --Tordanik 17:13, 4 February 2018 (UTC)
Estuaire du saint-Laurent
Bonjour, Il n'y a pas d'articles Wikipédia sur l'estuaire fluviale, le moyen estuaire et l'estuaire maritime, j'aimerais ajouter l'attribut wikidata aux relations de l'estuaire du Saint-Laurent (2426031 = Q50415467, 2433221 = Q50415472 et 4555382 = Q50415473) mais je ne sais pas comment ajouter les tags wikidata. Je note aussi que l'estuaire fluviale devrait commencer à la fin du lac Saint-Pierre et l'estuaire moyen après l’Île d'Orléans (Référence). Merci pour ton aide, --YanikB (talk) 11:38, 18 April 2018 (UTC)