Vale of White Horse
| Vale of White Horse, South East England, England|
|latitude: 51.686, longitude: -1.53|
|Browse map of Vale of White Horse 51°41′09.60″ N, 1°31′48.00″ W|
| External links:
|Use this template for your city|
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under OpenStreetMap License.|
The Vale of White Horse is a largely rural District in Oxfordshire. It comprises the south western area of Oxfordshire and stretches from the suburbs of Oxford to the suburbs of Swindon. The main towns by population are Abingdon, Wantage and Faringdon.
Some missing streets / discrepancies with OS Locator
- Fourteenth Street, Sixteenth Street, and Thomson Avenue wholly or partly lie within the nuclear licensed site at Harwell. The entrance to the site has recently been moved back to this very area in late 2010 and it's likely that the layout has changed from the available imagery. Requires ground survey.
- Medlar Road and Homeleaze Road lie within the Defence Academy Shrivenham. Will require local knowledge or a ground survey.
- Chambers Court, Robins Court, Russ Avenue, Dowell Court in Faringdon are new and require ground survey.
- Vicars Row and St Mary's in Wantage require ground survey for positive identification
- John Jones Close in Abingdon is new as of 2010. I know from personal knowledge that it extends a similar distance to neighbouring roads, but really requires a ground survey.
- St Marys and St Nicholas Green in Abingdon require information from road signs to confirm names.