WikiProject Belgium/BE Quarterly Projects
The BE Quarterly Projects is a series of projects for Belgium mappers, announced every quarter on the talk-be mailing list, started in January 2016. A project strongly inspired by the UK Quarterly Projects created one year before.
Current project - Schools
The Q1 2016 BE quarterly project is on Schools|
Please add #OSM_BEschools to your changeset comment so that we can track our progress.
The first BE Quarterly Project for 2016 is Schools. There's plenty to do over the next few months!
For more info see the kick off mailing list post.
- draw and tag the boundary polygon with a minimum of:
- add entrances
- optionally, but preferably, draw the school buildings and tag building=school
The level of education should be specified using isced:level=*.
|Level||ISCED 2011||Description||French Community||Flanders||German-speaking Community|
|0||Early childhood Education (01 Early childhood educational development)||Education designed to support early development in preparation for participation in school and society. Programmes designed for children below the age of 3.||Prégardiennat|
|0||Early childhood Education (02 Pre-primary education)||Education designed to support early development in preparation for participation in school and society. Programmes designed for children from age 3 to the start of primary education.||Maternelle|
|1||Primary education||Programmes typically designed to provide students with fundamental skills in reading, writing and mathematics and to establish a solid foundation for learning.||Primaire|
|2||Lower secondary education||First stage of secondary education building on primary education, typically with a more subject-oriented curriculum.||Secondaire inférieur|
|3||Upper secondary education||Second/final stage of secondary education preparing for tertiary education and/or providing skills relevant to employment. Usually with an increased range of subject options and streams.||Secondaire supérieur|
|4||Post-secondary non-tertiary education||Programmes providing learning experiences that build on secondary education and prepare for labour market entry and/or tertiary education. The content is broader than secondary but not as complex as tertiary education.||Enseignement post-secondaire non-supérieur|
|5||Short-cycle tertiary education||Short first tertiary programmes that are typically practically-based, occupationally-specific and prepare for labour market entry. These programmes may also provide a pathway to other tertiary programmes.||Enseignement supérieur de cycle court|
|6||Bachelor or equivalent||Programmes designed to provide intermediate academic and/or professional knowledge, skills and competencies leading to a first tertiary degree or equivalent qualification.||Licence ou équivalent|
|7||Master or equivalent||Programmes designed to provide advanced academic and/or professional knowledge, skills and competencies leading to a second tertiary degree or equivalent qualification.||Master ou équivalent|
|8||Doctoral or equivalent||Programmes designed primarily to lead to an advanced research qualification, usually concluding with the submission and defence of a substantive dissertation of publishable quality based on original research.||Doctorat ou équivalent|
Representation of multiple values:
- number list (0;1;2;3)
Applied to Flanders
|This section is still being researched and developed. If you see something wrong, please correct it!|
Flanders has an own education scale, VKS. The table below shows which VKS and ISCED 2011 levels are applicable for each school in normal education. You can map the VKS level with vks:level=* and the ISCED level with isced:level=*.
|1||1||Lager onderwijs||Primary education|
|2||1ste graad secundair onderwijs||1st grade of secondary education|
|2||2de graad BSO||2nd grade of vocational secondary education|
|2de graad ASO, TSO, KSO||2nd grade of general, technical and art secondary education|
|3||3||3de graad BSO; deeltijds BSO||3rd grade of vocational secondary education; part-time vocational secondary education|
|4||3||3de graad ASO, TSO, KSO||3rd grade of general, technical and art secondary education|
|4||4||Extra jaar ASO, TSO, KSO, of BSO of specialisatiejaar BSO||Extra year secondary education or specialisation year of vocational secondary education|
|5||5||HBO5||Higher Vocational Education on European level 5|
|6||5||Professionele bachelor||Professional bachelor|
|7||5?||Master ("master of arts" of zo?)||Master (master of arts or what?)|
|6||6||Academische bachelor||Academic bachelor|
An empty table cell denotes that the scale does not have a level for the end of that grade.
- Primary education
- Secondary education
- A secondary school without BSO or extra years: vks:level=4 isced:level=2;3
- A secondary school without BSO but with extra years: vks:level=4 isced:level=2;3;4
- One with ASO, TSO, KSO and BSO, without extra years: vks:level=2;3;4 isced:level=2;3
- One with ASO, TSO, KSO and BSO, but with extra years: vks:level=2;3;4 isced:level=2;3;4
- One with only BSO without specialisation year: vks:level=2;3 isced:level=2;3
- One with only BSO but with specialisation year: vks:level=2;3;4 isced:level=2;3;4
- An ASO-only secondary school: vks:level=4 isced:level=2;3
- Higher education
- Annuaire des établissements scolaires de la Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles
- Onderwijsaanbod in Vlaanderen
- Edits tracker and user rankings (now available filtered for Belgium)
- Changesets with #OSM_BEschools
- Liste des écoles de Bruxelles sur OSM
- Overpass query that finds all schools in Flanders and colors them according to presence of VKS and ISCED tags. The query takes some time to run.
- Ici Brussels
- juminet (prov. de Luxembourg)
- M!dgard (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)