WikiProject Belgium/Municipality Fusions
Several Flemish municipalities were merged January 1st 2019. We were not only ready, we were ready before the change was even live. An OpenStreetMap Belgium Project is coordinated at our Github. You'll find mostly mapping instructions here.
resultmap for street names (so you can also see the old names of the affected streets)
To do list and grid
- Merge borders
- Check the 4 addresses for which the postal code changed. Adapt postal code boundaries accordingly
- Update the JOSM preset and style to work with the post-go-live situation
- Adapt resultmap to show the same picture based on the tags after the go-live, useful to point out what has changed
- Adjust arrondissement border in Limburg
- Update arrondissement borders in Wallonia and update the NIS codes that changed
|Old Aalter||Knesselare||Nevele||Old Deinze||Kruishoutem||Zingem||Waarschoot||Lovendegem||Zomergem||Meeuwen-Gruitrode||Opglabbeek||Overpelt||Neerpelt||Puurs||Sint-Amands|
|Update and verify the NIS codes are updated correctly. All new codes should be present, no stale NIS codes should be left|
|Change the rest of the addresses. Use the up-to-date list of addresses to do|
|Remove stale addr:city tags||N/A||N/A|
|When addresses are done, look at the street names to make sure the situation makes sense|
|Check wikidata/wikipedia on relations and on place=* nodes|
|See where the admin_centre should be now (for the initial merge, the admin_centre of the municipality with the largest amount of deelgemeentes was selected)|
|Add place=* nodes||N/A||N/A|
|Query old addresses to make sure they are all caught|
|Examine whether bus stops (also for street name changes!) and train stations need to be renamed|
|Examine whether town halls need to be renamed or removed|
- joost schouppe (on osm): project management, mapping, communication
- : mapping and communication
- escada (on osm): data modelling
- M!dgard (on osm): querying assistance, mapping, going live
- wider community: tech support
|The rest of this article is out of date.|
Get the JOSM tagging preset and style, and preprocessed data at Midgard's repo. The tagging preset has all new and old names in it for the appropriate fields, so you get autocompletion. Very highly recommended!
Before the change:
- If the future name is already known: add a proposed:name=* with the future name.
If the future name is not yet known: add a proposed:name:TBD=yes indicating that a name is still to be decided
- Add a fixme:name=WikiProject_Belgium/Municipality_Fusions. This allows to make sure we can show and edit only those objects we are really interested in (because there are already some objects with a proposed:name.
You can generate a map of ways tagged like this with https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/AfM or use the prettier https://www.mapcontrib.xyz/t/2d975c-Geplande_adreswijzigingen_gemeentefusies#
After the change:
We can probably do this in one big changeset, since we mapped all the details in advance. Make sure all the proposed:name:TBD=yes have been solved. Query everything which has both fixme:name=WikiProject_Belgium/Municipality_Fusions and proposed:name=* (https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/AfU). Replace the name=* with old_name=* and proposed:name=* with name=*. Do not remove the fixme:name=WikiProject_Belgium/Municipality_Fusions just yet. Don't forget about the streets that had name:left=* and name:right=*.
Add the new address as
proposed:addr:*=* and add fixme:addr=WikiProject_Belgium/Municipality_Fusions#Addresses.
You can follow the same logic as above for addr:street=*. It is probably easiest for the highway mapping to be completed first, so that you could query all addressed objects near an affected highway.
After this part has been completed too, the fixme:name=WikiProject_Belgium/Municipality_Fusions can be removed.
Local community data: https://github.com/osmbe/community_planning/issues/2#issuecomment-401534310 Data as provided by AIV: https://overheid.vlaanderen.be/CRAB-Gemeentelijke-fusies#adreswijzigingen-pro-actief-verwerken Midgard's preprocessed data is easier to use, see above
New official codes and names
The NIS/INS-codes go in the ref:INS=* tag.
- Meeuwen-Gruitrode + Opglabbeek: NIS 72042 (Oudsbergen)
- Neerpelt + Overpelt: NIS 72043 (Pelt)
- Kruishoutem + Zingem: NIS 45068 (Kruisem)
- Aalter + Knesselare: NIS 44084 (Aalter)
- Deinze + Nevele: NIS 44083 (Deinze)
- Puurs + Sint-Amands: NIS 12041 (Puurs-Sint-Amands)
- Waarschoot, Lovendegem + Zomergem: NIS 44085 (Lievegem)