This page aim to describe the different possibilities of infrastructure mapping in Belgium, either using the open data available or by surveying on the ground.
Electric charging stations
There are an increasingly important number of electric charging station (for bicycle, motorcycle, cars and others vehicles) in Belgium.
In general, charging station are mapped using these tags using the main tag amenity=charging_station with many subtags and it is advised to look at them more in detail on the wiki page directly. The most important tags are probably the "socket:<type>=*" and "socket:<type>:output=xx kW" informations (both number and output of the charging stations) and the maximum capacity of charging vehicles because they are what people are looking for.
In terms of open data, we currently have none. But we are discussing with the operator in Belgium to ask them if we can use their list of stations (or if they can release it in open data). Most important operators in Belgium are :
- Allego : this company have hundred of stations in Belgium ranging from "slow" chargers (only Type 2 socket) to "fast charger" (often tri-standard with Type 2, CCS combo and Chademo) on the motorway.
- Luminus : These are mostly charging stations along fuel station of Total (on motorway and national roads), often using the tri-standard terminal (Type 2, CCS combo and Chademo).
- Ionity : This company only operated fast chargers (175 and 350 kW with CCS combo socket) on the motorway. We currently have only few of these stations in Belgium and all of them are already mapped as they are easy to survey.
- Supermarket : Lidl, Colruyt and other supermarket companies are starting to offer charging station on their parking for their customers. It could also be useful to map those.
- Tesla : Supercharger from Tesla (only for Tesla vehicle) are also fast charger spread in the country. As their number is not too big, it was also mapped already and relatively easy to survey.
- Other : There are many smaller networks in Belgium. Most of these offer "slow" charging with type2 socket or simple 'schuko' socket (a normal 230V socket), mostly for bicycle or motorcycle charging.
There are not much open data for Telecom in Belgium but we can still contribute by surveying equipment in the street. Features that can't be survey in the public area and that are not in open data are not listed.
Import of BIPT antennas
The progress of the import can be followed Wikiproject_Belgium/Infrastructure/BIPT_antennas.
Telecom Mast or tower
Mast are generally structure that support one or multiple antennas where we can't get inside. It is also often supported by guy wires. Telecom tower are generally (relatively) large concrete structure looking like water tower but supporting antennas only (and operated by telecom company). It is often very old. Both can be mapped with the same scheme, changing only the first main tag.
man_made=mast|tower tower:type=communication communication:mobile_phone=yes|no tower:construction=* material=steel|concrete|... ref= operator= height=
Most of the time, the ref, operator and height are unknown when surveying. Other communication:*=yes|no tag are possible (like radio, microwave,...) but they are far more rare than mobile phone mast or tower.
All the street cabinet used by telecom companies (Proximus, Telenet and VOO mainly) can be mapped with the following scheme :
man_made=street_cabinet man_made=street_cabinet street_cabinet=telecom ref= operator= (if written on it or if you know it - should mostly be Proximus, Telenet or VOO) telecom:medium=copper|coaxial|fiber (if you know this information) cabinet_type= (if you know this information)
The ref can be a number like "214" or something looking like "10CHAC/214 TYCAB18" (an example from a cabinet of Proximus). In those case, you have the cabinet type indicate in the second part ("TYCAB18" is the cabinet type).
Note that if you find a street cabinet with Belgacom on it, please put "Proximus" as the operator (as the company was renamed a long time ago, but the cabinet were not changed).
Various examples :
- a cabinet from Proximus with detailed information on it
- a cabinet from Proximus with basic information
- a cabinet from Telenet with basic information
Most companies use underground infrastructure, and manhole can be mapped.
manhole=telecom label= operator= ref= diameter= hole:diameter=
Nuclear power plant
Gas power plant
Electricity infrastructure in Belgium
There is a wikipage maintained by M!dgard user with a lot of details and pictures on how to map the electricity infrastructure in Belgium (power substation, ...) : User:M!dgard/Photographing electricity infrastructure in Belgium.