Working groups/Proposing a new working group
Creating a new OSMF Working Group
There is currently no process by which to create a new OSMF Working Group. Current Working Groups have been formed in an ad-hoc manner. The outline of a formal process was discussed by the Management Team but has not been revised or ratified. Submitted here for your improvements...
Unofficial Proceedure to Create a New OSMF Working Group
This proceedure was originally proposed by MT member, Andy Allan:
- A new working group can be proposed by members of the Foundation.
- The working group needs to be proposed by three members of the Foundation, and
- To have agreement of one Board member to act as the initial mentor.
- The proposal should include the purpose of the working group,
- including its scope,
- remit, and
- estimated first year's budget.
- The proposal is submitted to the Management Team email list
- The Management Team can consider the proposal at a Management Team meeting and approve, reject, or request changes and re-submission of the proposal.