|Latitude : 50.86, Longitude : 4.42|
|Browse Belgium map|
| External links:
|Use this template for your city • What do the links do?|
Belgium is a Country in Europe at latitude 50° 51′ 36″ North, longitude 4° 25′ 12″ East.
|WikiProject Belgium +/-|
This page contains information relating to mapping activity that is specific to Belgium. Any guides or conventions on this page can be discussed on the discussion page, feel free to comment or help (mapping your area, tagging streets or correcting this page).
For accessibility reasons pages can be presented in 4 languages, but for practical reasons, the English version is the original version. For other languages choose a language at the top of the screen or choose here Nederlands or Francais
Start with OSM
- Beginners' guide Nederlandstalig / Francophone / Deutschsprachig / English
- How to map an object Nederlandstalig / Deutschsprachig
- Potlatch editor Nederlandstalig / Francophone / Deutschsprachig / English
- Potlatch 2 editor English
- Handboek (NL) Handboek Openstreetmap
- FAQ Nederlandstalig / Francophone / Deutschsprachig / English
The openstreetmap Belgium mailing list is the main communications channel for openstreetmap volunteers in Belgium.
You can read about our activities past, current and future in the archives.
Raskas is the list administrator. Please contact him in case you experience any problems with (subscribing to) the mailing list.
Openstreetmap volunteers in Belgium
Here's an incomplete list of Openstreetmap volunteers in Belgium. If you want to be on this list, please:
- Create an openstreetmap wiki account if you haven't got one yet, and log in. Note that an openstreetmap wiki account is_not_ the same as an openstreetmap map making account!
- Go to your personal wiki page. You can find it by scrolling to the top of the page and clicking your name.
- Edit your personal wiki page, adding the following line at the bottom: [[Category:Users in Belgium|replace_this_with_your_name]] .
See the Mapping resources page for the list.
See the Conventions page for discussing the mapping and tagging conventions.
If you have a goal that you are working towards or one that you would like to see get done (and are maybe willing to get the ball rolling) then add it to the list here, create a section where it can be coordinated and tracked, and a way of measuring progress.
|Brussels-Capital Region||Brabant Wallon||Hainaut||Namur||Liège||Luxembourg|
Contacts with local autorities
- In Brussels Region: successful contacts have been made with the minister of the Brussels Region in charge of the transportation and its administration within the Brussels Ministery (AED) asking this administration who maintains a database of the traffic works to send it weekly to OSM. As of June 2008, this is done in the format that is used internally at AED, a wordprocessor description of the locations, roads and description of the works. As this format unfortunately does not allow for any automated treatment that could lead to an automatice adaptation of a layer on top of OSM, discussions are taking place to define another acceptable format that would allows such an automatic treatment by OSM while also an easy maintenance by AED. --npettiaux 20:53, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
Another contact was made, we are waiting for the new licence in mid september 2012
This might be use to convince authorities 
- Contact the local authorities of densely mapped areas to ask if they have any procedure to inform organisations or people of changes in their jurisdiction (new streets are added, street names changed,...). They need to inform the post, emergency and other services so maybe they could inform OSM as well or provide a webpage or RSS feed with these data? Interested OSMers could then investigate these areas and map the new parts. This will be one of the major tasks when an area is mapped. This idea was taken from Mikel's mail at the Talk archives.
- The public transportation company De Lijn offer access to bus stops online. They have been contacted, but no response has been received yet. --Gyrbo 22:14, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- DATS24 offers a complete list of all their gas stations (with GPS coördinates). I've contacted them if we may use this list. --Lithion 15:02, 6 Februari 2008 (UTC)
Older discussion about activities was in the talk page.
- Administrative regions of Belgium - Wikipedia
- Municipalities in Belgium - Rectified version (low resolution, not usable for mapping)
- Quality control with Osmose - Quality control with Osmose
- Wegnummering in België(nl) - Wikipedia
- Autoroutes et routes de Wallonie - Région wallonne
- Wegwijs in Brussel - Vlaamse gemeenschapcommissie
- comparing OSM
- Google books, België in kaart
- Portail Cartographique de la Région Wallonne
- Liste des lignes de chemin de fer de Belgique - Wikipedia
- Lijst van spoorlijnen in België - Wikipedia