From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
|There are two proposals for surveillance=*. The first has not been edited since 2010 and the second moved to RFC mode in 2013.|
The surveillance namespace is for features that survey or watch people and the key itself specifies what is being surveyed.
- indoor: For example in a shop, amenity=bank, or amenity=fuel.
- outdoor: For outdoor cameras.
- public: For cameras monitoring the public.
Tags to use in combination
- surveillance:type=camera/guard/ALPR - What is watching
- surveillance:zone=town/parking/traffic/shop/bank/building - Zone of the surveillance.