From OpenStreetMap Wiki
(Redirected from Kiosk)
|shop = kiosk|
|A small shop on the pavement that sells magazines, tobacco, newspapers, sweets and stamps.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais a little stand-alone pavillon selling products like cigarettes, newspapers, sweets, snacks and beverages. The shop is normally so small that customers cannot enter the shop. Kiosks are usually built on the pavement, or inside other buildings like train stations or shopping centres. Opening hours are often less restricted than other types of shops, and therefore kiosks sometimes provide basic groceries like butter, milk and the like. In some countries, they may also sell alcohol.
How to map
- operator=* indicates the name of the company operating the kiosk
- lottery=yes if you can play lottery
- coffee=yes coffee is served
- wheelchair=* suitable for wheelchairs
- shop=newsagent is a very similar type of shop to a kiosk in terms of products sold (primarily newspapers & magazines). However a newsagent is a proper shop, so a slightly bigger building or a normal sized shop in a row of shops. Note that this even holds for shops with the word 'Kiosk' in the name, such as K Kiosk in Switzerland and Luxembourg (picture). These should be tagged as shop=newsagent.
- shop=convenience should be used for more general store type shops, which are focussed more on food than on newspapers & magazines. Again these are proper normal sized shops.
- Do not tag kiosks such as flower kiosks that do not sell the typical kiosk goods as shop=kiosk. Tag these with the type of goods they sell, such as shop=florist.