|North Carolina, United States|
|latitude: 35.20, longitude: -80.5|
|Browse North Carolina map 35° 12′ 0″ N, 80° 30′ 0″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
North Carolina is a state in the United States at latitude 35° 12′ 0″ North, longitude 80° 30′ 0″ West.
State Wide Projects
Interstate highways imported from TIGER data need a lot of fixing. It is probably easier to erase a section of the Interstate Highway imported from TIGER data and retrace it over the Yahoo! aerial imagery.
Here are some guidelines to consider:
- Separate interstate direction into two ways. For example, an interstate running West and East will consist of two parallel ways: one running West and the other running East.
- Apply the following tags to every way making up the interstate:
- When the interstate runs over a bridge, add a way section with bridge=yes
- When the interstate runs through a tunnel, add a way section with tunnel=yes
- For exits leaving the interstate use the following set of tags:
- For the point at which the exit connects to the freeway, use the following:
- ref=364 -- reference in this case is the exit number
- exit_to=West NC 24; Business NC 24; To NC 50; Warsaw -- name should be the connecting roads or exit name as written on the sign, separated by semicolons. See [exit list], using NC for state highways, US for national highways, and I for interstates as prefix, and designating the direction of the connecting highway when applicable.
- name=Mid-County -- Optional exit name. Most exits do not have names. For an example of a named exit: Pennsylvania Turnpike
Here is a complete list of North Carolina highways.
|Interstate||Total Length||Current Work Area||Verified Section||% Corrected||User|
|I-40||421 miles||Mile 0 to 421||100%||Victor Snesarev (stopgap)|
Major issues to watch for when editing TIGER data:
- Many exits imported from TIGER data are tagged as highway=motorway_link which is incorrect. They should be retagged as highway=primary_link.
- Direction of many exit ways are also wrong.
- Bridges are not tagged.
State highway attributes:
- For exits leaving the highway use the following set of tags:
|Highway||Total Length||Current Work Area||Verified Section||% Corrected||User|
|US-64||? miles||Apex||US:NC 55 to N. Salem Str.||?||Victor Snesarev (stopgap)|
|Trail System||OSM Location||Tracks||Mapped||Labeled||Notes|
|William B. Umstead State Park||Raleigh||30%||70%||70%||To do: Big Lake, Sycamore Lake, Paved roads, Inspiration, Pott's Branch, Sal's Branch, Oak Rock, East section of Loblolly. - Victor Snesarev (stopgap)|
NC Cycle Map
Mapping Resources Available
NC Onemap Orthophotography
This is available as an imagery layer in JOSM. In the Outer Banks area, it differs from bing imagery by about 5 meters. I am unsure whether bing or the NC Onemap is offset or both.
Alabama - Alaska - Arizona - Arkansas - California - Colorado - Connecticut - Delaware - Florida - Georgia - Hawaii - Idaho - Illinois - Indiana - Iowa - Kansas - Kentucky - Louisiana - Maine - Maryland - Massachusetts - Michigan - Minnesota - Mississippi - Missouri - Montana - Nebraska - Nevada - New Hampshire - New Jersey - New Mexico - New York - North Carolina - North Dakota - Ohio - Oklahoma - Oregon - Pennsylvania - Rhode Island - South Carolina - South Dakota - Tennessee - Texas - Utah - Vermont - Virginia - Washington - West Virginia - Wisconsin - Wyoming - District of Columbia