|leisure = swimming_pool|
|A swimming pool (water area only)|
|Group: Swimming and bathing|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais a place built for swimming as a recreational activity or sport, typically taking the form of an excavated and lined pool.
How to map
The tag leisure=swimming_pool should only be used for the water area of the swimming pool. A facility containing one or more swimming pools (mainly focussed on swimming as a sport) should be tagged leisure=sports_centre + sport=swimming.
Tags to use in combination
- access=*: use access=private for private swimming pools and access=yes for swimming pools (or facilities) that are accessible for the public but require paying an entrance fee
- sport=swimming: swimming pools suitable for doing swimming as a sport
- length=*: length of the swimming pool in metres
- leisure=sports_centre + sport=swimming: a facility containing one or more swimming pools that is mainly focussed on swimming as a sport
- leisure=water_park: an amusement park featuring water play areas such as recreational pools, water slides or lazy rivers; not used for swimming as a sport
- amenity=public_bath: a facility where you can go and take a bath, e.g. an onsen, a hot spring, a hammam or a thermal bath
- leisure=swimming_area: Enclosed natural water area inside a facility
The 'Standard' map style includes leisure=swimming_pool rendered as a light blue area.
Discouraged tag amenity=swimming_pool