|water = lake|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
Lake: a body of relatively still fresh or salt water of considerable size, localized in a basin that is surrounded by land. Artificially created lakes are ponds or reservoirs. Intermittent lakes (which disappear seasonally) should be tagged with intermittent=yes; salt lakes — with salt=yes.
For Lake Baikal area tags would be as follows:
- add place=island if it is very small place=islet
- optional landuse=* can be added. For example, if the island is wooded, add landuse=forest.
- create a relation type=multipolygon
- add the attributes as described above
- add the lake as member outer
- add the island(s) as member inner