MichaelK: activities and mapping interrest at OSM
This page is still under creation
planned activities and mapping interest
- Canary Islands (working based on satellite pictures and additional knowledge and traces from holidays).
OSM activities in the past
OSM events joined
In reverse chronological order:
- I was part of the team doing the video recordings while the 2016 FOSSGIS conference at Salzburg.
- I joined the OSM assembly at the 32C3 .
- I was part of the team doing the video recordings while the 2015 FOSSGIS conference at Münster.
- I joined the OSM assembly at the 31C3.
- I was at the SOTM-EU 2014 being part of the video recording team and "Programm Komitee".
- I participated in the February 2014 Karlsruhe hack weekend (preparation SOTM-EU 2014).
- I just joined the OSM assembly at the 30C3 in Hamburg for short time.
- I joined the State Of The Map 2013 conference in Birmingham, England.
- I supported OSM on the 2013 FOSSGIS conference at Rapperswil (Schweiz/Switzerland) by being part of the "Programm Komitee" and supported the video recording.
- I was present at the OSM assemly at the 29C3
- I supported the 2012 FOSSGIS conference at Dessau by being member of Programmkomitee, participating in the OSM video recording and managing a session.
- At my first visit of the FOSDEM in February 2012 at Brussels I was present at the OSM stand.
- I was present at the OSM stand at the 28C3
- I joined the State Of The Map Europe 2011 at Vienna (very nice conference!).
- I supported OSM at the 2011 FOSSGIS conference by being part of the "Programm Komitee".
- I joined the Mapping Party at Wüstenrot and worked at Schmellenhof, Stangenbach and Neulautern.
- I joined the State Of The Map 2010 conference combined with some sightseeing at Girona and Barcelona (MUC => BCN: 2010-07-07 JK 0132; BCN => MUC: 2010-07-16 JK 0133)
- I joined the Mapping Party of the Schorndorf Group at the region of Ellwangen.
- I supported OSM at the 2010 FOSSGIS conference by being present at the OSM booth most of the time.
- I joind the 26C3 from 2009-Dec-27 until 2009-Dec-29 and was present at the OSM project table.
- I organized a mapping party at the Lechfeld (the region between Augsbug and Landsberg/Lech) at 2009/10/31 and 2009/11/01 to remove an almost white spot on the map.
- I joined the OSMF AGM09 and the OSM 5th anniversary birthday party at London combined with some sightseeing of London (impression: nice town) (MUC => LHR: 2009-08-21 LH 4754; LHR => MUC: 2009-08-24 LH 4763
- I took part in the third Ingolstadt Mapping Party at Neustadt(Donau) at 2009-08-16 where I mapped the village Mauern.
- State Of The Map 2009 conference in Amsterdam.
- I joined the Munich mapping weekend spring 2009 where I was improving the data at the area of Finsterwald and Marienstein.
- State Of The Map 2008 combined with some holiday in Ireland (MUC => DUB: 2008-07-10 Aer Lingus EI353; DUB => MUC: 2008-07-17 Aer Lingus EI356).
- Munich Mapping weekend June 5th/6th 2008 where I mapped Igling.
Mapping work in the past
Some mapping work was performed in the past at the following locations. Although these areas are not (or not longer) in my main focus.
- I contributed to the cooperation pilot trial between the LVA Bayern an OSM: railway line: Cham - Bad-Kötzting - Lam and enhancement/rework of the cities and forests at Arrach and Lam.
- Hohenstadt (roads are finished) and some roads at Elchingen (Oberelchingen, Unterelchingen, near Ulm)
- some minor mapping work was done based on GPS traces from (business) trips and aerial imagery at Japan (Tokio (Ueno), Iwaki and Sendai), the USA (greater Los Angeles area, area of New York and New Jersey especially at the Newark Airport), Italy (Milano), Switzerland, ...
- some mapping work was done based on aerial imagery on interesting places