Please be aware: this page is currently under modification, some informations are outdated.
name: Michael Kugelmann
former location: Winnenden
first heared of OSM: December 2006
start of mapping in OSM: February 2007
API username: MichaelK
Membership: Openstreetmap Foundation and FOSSGIS e.V
Focus of activities in OSM
Some information on my mapping focus can be found below, more details are on my activities subpage which also includes some information on other activities within OSM.
Focus of work in OSM
Mapping: my focus is on mapping of car related roads, so most of my mapping is done by car. But footways and the interests of bicycle riders are also covered. Areas like lakes and forests are mapped often via aerial images (Bing/Yahoo/Landsat/...). Additionally I have a strong interest in POIs (e.g. shops).
Although my activities changed while the years from "pure mapping" towards community self organization by
- organizing the Munich regulars' table together with some other local mappers
- realization of OSM conferences ("Programm Komitee", video recordings)
- supporting the participation of OSM at FLOSS related events
- being part of the group who produces a German OSM podcast
- I will be part of the team doing the video recordings while the 2016 FOSSGIS conference at Salzburg.
- I often join the Munich regular meeting which is held every month.
- I am (still) interested to join some regular meetings in the wider area around Munich (Augsburg, Region Nürnberg, Landshut, Ingolstadt) and so on. Although I succeed much too seldom. :-(
Main mapping interests (work in progress)
Main areas of activities:
- Winnenden and surrounding area in the Rems-Murr-Kreis (for example Berglen and Remstal). And I need to remap some parts of my hometown regarding houses an house numbers.
- Germering (a city west of Munich) and Munich (especially west and north).
- German motorway A8 and neighborhood between Stuttgart and Munich. Currently the construction works is ongoing between Augsburg and Hohenstadt, after finish there will be a lot of details to be remapped.
- Canary Islands (working based on satellite pictures and additional knowledge and traces from holidays). More details on my activities subpage.
- Except mapping itself I am active in the area of community self organization: take care about conferences and meetups, try to support RadioOSM (and sometimes the Wochennotiz).
Equipment for OSM
My main equipment used within OSM:
- GPS: Garmin eTrex 20 or Garmin eTrex Vista HCx
- Pentax K3 for taking pictures (fotomapping)
- JOSM, THE editor for OSM on an old Laptop (Windows XP) for data processing
more details can be found under my equipment subpage.
Tags missed in OSM
I miss some tags which should be proposed via proposed features process (or are already in the process currently):
Some open topics are currently in discussion within the mailing lists.
- keep Germering up to date especially on POIs
- update Winnenden as still some things are missing (e.g. public transportation)
Wiki/WWW pages related to OSM I need by myself frequent:
- Map features in German and in English; Beschränkungen z.B. von Straßen (access Tag)
- Vorschläge für das Tagging in Deutschland
- Garmin AIO map
- Geofabrik Map Compare and Map compare at sautter.com
- JOSM download
- ÖPNV-Karte; ÖPNV-Karte DE Wiki page
- User and Data statistics
- Speedpilgrim µMap
- Tools from Stephan Knauß
- Archiv der OSMF talk ML
- Archiv der FOSSGIS talk ML
- ... (to be continued)
Some other OSM contributors
Order of the persons is just by pure chance.
- RalfZ was also active at München. He pointed me on OSM and showed me the first steps. Thanks!
- Uwe is a friend mapping close to my old hometown.
- Frederik Ramm who I met first time at SOTM2008 and provides lots of effert to OSM.
- Jochen Topf who I met first time at SOTM2008 and has some nice tools on his Webpage.
- im memory of Ulf Möller, 1973-2012.
- ... (to be continued)