|Author:||Dr. Arndt Brenschede|
|Platforms:||[[Android]] and Web|
Routing engine designed for cycling
BRouter is a routing engine designed to calculate optimal cycling routes using OpenStreetMap and elevation data. It is available as a web service and Android application. The Android app is compatible with OsmAnd, OruxMaps, and Locus Map as a selectable routing service; route generation is done offline. QMapShack can run BRouter to enable routing on-the -fly.
BRouter uses OSM data for routes, along with SRTM for terrain data. BRouter uses highly configurable routing profiles which may be selected or customized.
BRouter is available through Google Play, F-Droid, and from the website.
Projects at Github
Editor syntax highlighting for .brf profiles
- Sublime Text
- VS Code
Links to custom routing profiles created by users in addition to the official BRouter profiles:
- poutnikl/Brouter-profiles - Large collection of Bicycle and Hiking profiles
- zossebart/brouter-mtb - find routes suitable for mountainbikes
- tack/utack_brouter_data - light touring or commuting with a city bike
- afischerdev/brouter-profile - waterway
- post by Tapio - Walking/Hiking offroad profile
- cxberlin/brouter-profiles - collection for CXBerlin website
- dhanek/brouter-profiles - gravel and road-bike routing
- FFMbyBicycle/brouter-cycling-profiles - long-distance-cycling.brf
- ThomasTraber/brouter_profiles_and_testing Profile for velomobiles]
- Kurviger App: Offline routing (BRouter) - Profiles (enduro.brf.zip and brf-files-for-kurviger.zip) targeted for motorcyclists.
- https://brouter.de/brouter-web - BRouter-Web
- https://brouter.damsy.net - BRouter
- https://brouter.m11n.de - bikerouter.de (powered by BRouter-Web)
- Map Creator for rd5 data files