|Platforms||Windows and Windows Mobile|
GpsVP is a GPS enabled application that can display vector based maps and raster maps.
Licensed under New BSD License.
It has built in support for
- loading OpenStreetMap tiles (offline or on demand over wireless network, if you wish)
- and Garmin format maps (also more than one at a time), various levels of detail, POIs
- It can also record tracks and store POIs.
- a search in OSM is available
- scanned maps can be displayed, prerequisites: georeferenced, tiled, config files
- Map or monitors view
- Remap Hardware Buttons to functions
The application runs on the WIN32-platform (PCs) and on many PocketPC/Smartphones with and without touchscreen.
Offical website: http://code.google.com/p/gpsvp/
Version 0.4.24 as of February 5th, 2012
Version 0.4.20 as of March 2nd, 2010
- tracks: now uses GPS time (subsecond) instead of system time
- sun azimuth
- navigate along predefined route
Example of use