|Indicates that sound is emitted on crossing=traffic_signals when crossing is permitted|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
- Use traffic_signals:sound=yes when there are signals helping to cross.
- Use traffic_signals:sound=no when there are no acoustic signals.
- Use for partial sound signals:
Radio activated traffic signal sound
In places, especially residential areas, traffic signals may only emit sound, when a person with a special radio transponder beacon requests that. Compatible devices are available for the eligible e.g. from the local blind/visually impaired association. Below tags for radio activated sound signals, respectively, what kind of sound can be remotely turned on:
- traffic_signals:sound:radio_activated=yes Both the walk/cross and the locate/guide sound.
- traffic_signals:sound:radio_activated=walk Only the walk/cross sound (high pitched howl e.g.),
- traffic_signals:sound:radio_activated=locate Only the locate/guide sound (noisy tock e.g.).
A renderer is Look and Listen Map.