|Specifies the construction method of a building. See also building:material=*|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The building:structure=* key describes what kind of construction method was used to build a building=*. This tag has mainly been used in Indonesia, as well as in a few other countries. Some values of this tag have problems with Verifiability in many places, where it is not common for reinforcing steel bars or wood framing materials to be exposed to view.
See building:walls=* - also used mainly in Indonesia to describe the external apperance of a building's walls.
- reinforced_masonry - concrete or block walls reinforced with internal steel bars
- confined_masonry - masonry walls strengthened with steel-reinforced concrete columns and beams
- unreinforced_masonry - brick, block or concrete walls without reinforcement
- wood frame - Wood frame structure
- plastered - Plastered walls, covered with mortar - not a structural type, but the plaster or mortar surface prevents checking the type of structure.
- RCC_with_beam - Reinforced cement concrete - steel-reinforced concrete with beams.
- non_engineered_reinforced_concrete - reinforced concrete, not professionally engineered?
- engineered_reinforced_concrete - reinforced concrete, appears to have been professionally designed and installed?
- load_bearing_brick_wall_in_cement_mortar - brick wall covered in plaster or mortar - uncertain if reinforced
- brick - Brick - unclear if reinforced or not
- cement_blocks - Cement blocks or concrete blocks - unclear if reinforced
- steel_frame - steel frame
- concrete - concrete; unspecified if reinforced or not, or if engineered or not.
Note: the misspellings confined_masonary and reinforced_masonary are also very common values.
- building:material=* - a more common tag which describes the outer material of the building façade or wall surface.
- building:cladding=* - a synonym for building:material, this tag also described the outer surface of the walls.
- building:walls=* - similar tag, also mainly used in Indonesia, to describe the material used to construct the walls of a building