|Obsolete key for the outer surface material of the building façade. Also see building:material=*|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The key building:cladding=* was proposed long ago (around 2007) to describe the outer surface material of building walls, also known as the facade or façade. It has since been almost completely replaced by the more common key building:material=* which is used in the same way.
- building:material=* - more common synonym for this key, which also describes the facade or cladding material.
- roof:material=* - the surface material of the roof
- building:walls=* - a synonym which describes the material used to construct the walls, not necessarily the cladding
- building:structure=* - construction method used for building walls - may not be verifiable when there is cladding
- Simple 3D Buildings - overview of tags for mapping 3D buildings - uses building:material=* instead.