Jump to navigation Jump to search
|To describe any type of crater further.
|Used on these elements
|Tools for this tag
There may be several types of crater, be it natural or from an impact
For volcano crater rims the currently proposed mapping is:
Several other tags may be related or similar:
- natural=crater - a crater of unspecified origin: volcanic, explosion, meteor, etc. - similar to crater=yes
- historic=bomb_crater - a crater formed by the explosion of a bomb
- historic=meteor_crater - a crater formed by the impact of a meteor
- natural=caldera - a caldera formed by volcanic activity - less common than geological=volcanic_caldera_rim
- natural=sinkhole - a sinkhole, formed by the collapse of an underground space such as a cave or mine.
- on Wikipedia, a disambiguation page listing a variety of specific crater landforms