|Access permission for heavy goods vehicle; in most countries goods vehicles with a permissible maximum mass over 3.5 tonnes|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Legal access restriction for.
Use maxspeed:hgv=* to tag a speed limit that only applies to heavy good vehicles.
- hgv=local (unclear and undocumented meaning, maybe duplicate of hgv=destination)
- List of possible values with descriptions: see Key:access
- All used values on Taginfo
Around the world
In most countries, heavy goods vehicles are goods vehicles (goods=*) with a maximum allowed weight above 3.5 tonnes.
The maximum allowed weight, also known as theor gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum permitted weight of the vehicle at full load, as specified by the manufacturer. Note that not all countries (explicitly) differentiate between light and heavy goods vehicles. Also, a few countries do not follow the UNECE resolution on vehicle classes (see ) and establish a different weight than 3.5 (metric) tonnes:
- Australia: 4.5 tonnes
- United states and Puerto Rico: 10,001 pounds (=4.536 tonnes)
- Bolivia: a load capacity of 2.5 tonnes
- Japan: maximum allowed weight >= 8 tonnes or load capacity >= 5 tonnes; for regulating smaller trucks, additional signs based on load capacity are used (see below).
goods:conditional=no @ (weight>2.0) and hgv:conditional=no @ (weight>2.0)
|In Japan, truck signs only regulate much larger trucks (see above); additional signs with a kanji character "積", which means load, are very common for regulating smaller trucks.|
|truck=* which is mostly used in combination with amenity=* and motorcar=*, i.e. for shops, car wash, service stations etc.|
- maxweightrating=* - A key for the permissible maximum mass, and in particular maxweightrating:hgv=* for a subclass of hgv distinguished by permissible maximum mass.
- hgv_articulated=* - Articulated lorry/semitrailer.
- Road transport (Road Rules), Notes (2017)
- Laws of Puerto Rico Annotated, Title 9: Highways and Traffic, Chapter 27: Vehicle and Traffic Law, Subchapter I. Definitions; Registry of Motor Vehicles, Trailers or Semi-Trailers, and Authorization to Operate on Public Roads, ยง 5001. Definitions (19) Heavy Truck (retrieved 2018-09-26)
- Bolivia: Reglamento del Código del Tránsito, 8 de junio de 1978, Capítulo III. De los vehículos, Artículo 12°, Artículo 17°