Jump to navigation Jump to search
This key differs significantly between OpenStreetMap and OpenHistoricalMap. For definitions and usage instructions in OpenHistoricalMap, see Open Historical Map/Tags/Key/license.
|OpenHistoricalMap key that indicates the data license associated with the feature|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
This key is added to individual features in OpenHistoricalMap to indicate the license associated with that feature. It is not used in OpenStreetMap for this purpose, because the whole OpenStreetMap database shares a common license. Any occurrence in OpenStreetMap is either a mistake or cruft from an import.
As of May 2023, the vast majority of occurrences of this key in OSM came from the 2013 Regional Transportation District bus stop import, but the license tag value it used is misleading. A handful of other occurrences come from:
- mapathon keralam Ration Shop in India, exactt meaning still unknown, maybe operator=* or owner=*.
- British Columbia Regional District boundaries import. fixed
- NLS.fi road import. fixed
- license number of healthcare POI (moved into ref:license=*). fixed
- Individual POIs copied from StreetCred under the ODbL . fixed