|Indicates whether a feature has a swimming pool or not.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
The swimming_pool=* key indicates whether a feature has a swimming pool. This is especially useful if the feature's swimming pool cannot be mapped separately as leisure=swimming_pool.
- swimming_pool=yes - the feature has a swimming pool
- swimming_pool=no - the feature explicitly has no swimming pool
If the type of pool is known, a matching key value is often used instead of yes. Common values are:
- swimming_pool=inground - the feature has an in-ground swimming pool
- swimming_pool=outdoor - the feature has an outdoor swimming pool
- swimming_pool=indoor - the feature has an indoor swimming pool
The key is always used in conjunction with an appropriate feature. Common features include:
- leisure=fitness_centre + swimming_pool=yes - the fitness centre has a swimming pool
- leisure=sports_centre + swimming_pool=no - the sports complex has no swimming pool
- tourism=hotel + swimming_pool=indoor - the hotel has an indoor swimming pool
- tourism=camp_site + swimming_pool=outdoor - the campsite has an outdoor swimming pool
In conjunction with leisure=swimming_pool, the key is also used to further describe the type of pool.
Note that in this context swimming_pool=* should explicitly not describe the location. The established tags location=indoor/outdoor/roof, indoor=yes, outdoor=yes and rooftop=yes is used for this purpose.
Common values used to describe the pool in more detail are:
- leisure=swimming_pool + swimming_pool=swimming - for a pool with lanes for swimming laps and training for sporting purposes
- leisure=swimming_pool + swimming_pool=plunge - for a very deep pool intended for being jumped into from heights as high as 10 meters
- leisure=swimming_pool + swimming_pool=wading - for a shallower pool where you can stand on the ground constantly, intended for leisure and play rather than sports
- leisure=swimming_pool + swimming_pool=spa - for a pool, often with warm water, with wellness amenities such as water jets and air streams, but larger than a hot tub and intended for people to walk around in
leisure=swimming_pool + swimming_pool=hot_tub- for a very small pool with hot water and often air jets, intended for few people and no movement. Use leisure=hot_tub instead.
- leisure=swimming_pool + swimming_pool=wave_pool - for a pool with a wave generator
- leisure=swimming_pool + swimming_pool=lazy_river - for a pool going in a loop with a constant stream of water moving swimmers around
- leisure=swimming_pool + swimming_pool=personal - for a small pool in the yard of a house intended for personal use of the people living there
The following three tags are currently being used pretty interchangeably for the same thing with no clear preference for any option
leisure=swimming_pool + swimming_pool=paddling_pool or swimming_pool=children's_pool or swimming_pool=kids- for a very shallow pool for young children and toddlers. Use leisure=paddling_pool instead.