|leisure = sports_centre|
|A sports centre is a distinct facility where sports take place within an enclosed area.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A sports centre is a distinct facility where sports take place within an enclosed area. It can be a building or outside.
Facilities within a sports centre may include swimming pools, spa, solarium, sauna and/or steam room, sports hall, squash courts, fitness suite, aerobics studios, outdoor grass and/or artificial pitches for football (soccer), hockey etc and also any associated cafeteria, bars and other facilities.
How to map
It is better to use more specific tags on separate elements within a sports centre area. For example leisure=pitches or building contained within the sports centre. Use building=* for any buildings which are included within the centre. These can be given different sport and leisure tags. Note that you should not place the leisure=sports_centre on inner elements. Use this tag once on the outer area of the sports centre (One feature, one OSM element)
Spelling: Use "centre" (British English), not "center" (American English).
Tags used in combination
- operator=* - person or company running the facility
- addr=* - the address of the facility
- opening_hours=* - when to enter the facility / Tool to test the format
- Contact information: phone=*, fax=*, website=* and email=*
|Sports hall of a school|
|Indoor swimming pool|
|Indoor tennis center|
You should specify the sport with sport=*, possibly with a semicolon.
|Sports field with soccer fields|
|Swimming pool facility|
|shoes:rental||yes/no||rents shoes appropriate for the sport|
|clothes:rental||yes/no||rents clothes appropriate for the sport|
|racket:rental||yes/no||rents rackets appropriate for the sport|
- leisure=stadium - Venue for large sporting events and perhaps also performing arts events. This can usually house many spectators / supporters in tiered seating.
- leisure=pitch - An area designed for playing a particular sport, normally designated with appropriate markings
- amenity=community_centre - Used a mixture of activities and events, may include some sports
- landuse=winter_sports - For land used for winter sports
- amenity=dojo - A formal training place for any of the Japanese do arts.
- leisure=fitness_centre - One of the main proposed ways to tag gyms/fitness centres, discussed at Gym_/_Fitness_centre. Is more specific than using leisure=sports_centre.
Similar tags to a swimming pool facility:
- leisure=water_park: an amusement park featuring water play areas such as recreational pools, water slides or lazy rivers; not used for swimming as a sport
- amenity=public_bath: a facility where you can go and take a bath, e.g. an onsen, a hot spring, a hammam or a thermal bath