Jump to navigation Jump to search
|leisure = stadium|
|A major sports facility with substantial tiered seating.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Use leisure=stadium to tag major sports facilities with substantial tiered seating. Combine it with leisure=pitch for the actual playing surface and also building=stadium for the stadium building, and appropriate nodes for related facilities including entrance=* for entrances, and other tags for cafes, toilets etc.
- See Stadium
How to map
|leisure=stadium||for the whole stadium area (incl. buildings and pitch)|
|name=*||the name of the stadium|
|leisure=pitch||the pitch area|
|building=stadium||the building area (if applicable as a multipolygon)|
|leisure=track||the running track (if applicable as a multipolygon)|
Use of relations
For the stadium area generally no multipolygon is necessary.
For circular stadium buildings the tag building=stadium should only be used in a multipolygon. The pitch area is not an inner part of the multipolygon, it is part of the whole area of the stadium.
Possible tagging mistakes
- leisure=pitch - for the area on which a sport is played.
- leisure=sports_centre - for a smaller venue, often with facilities to play many sports with limited seating for spectators.
- leisure=bleachers - for smaller or ground-elevation-based seating, either bleachers at or not at stadiums, especially in America.
- building=grandstand - for seatings with roof above it or walls/ rooms, etc. under it.
- man_made=mast + tower:type=lighting - Poles for lighting, flood lighting columns.