|Specifying an url related to a feature.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
URL means Uniform Resource Locator. It can stand for a variety of things while mappers mostly use it for websites.
This tag is being used for very different types of content - official websites of an amenity or its operator, third-party pages, the object's Wikipedia entry, photographs featuring the object, or even documentation on the OSM wiki. So it is advised not to use this tag when more specific alternatives are available such as website=* or contact:website=*, image=*, wikipedia=* and so on.
- contact=* Parallel existing tagging scheme, provides same tag arrangement in groups like addr:*=*
- website=* Parallel existing tagging scheme.
- image=* - URL link to an externally hosted image
- Layer URL parameter of the OpenStreetMap homepage
- RFC 1738 - Internet standard which defines URLs