|year(s) of construction|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag year_of_construction displays the year(s) of construction of a characteristic and can be assigned to different objects. E.g. construction year(s) of historical buildings, windmills, bridges, etc. In the case of objects that have been built for several years, the last year of construction to be counted is the year of reference completion or the year from which the object as such could be used completely for the first time from a constructional point of view.
Under no circumstances should a future date be used to map objects that are currently being planned or built - this will inevitably lead to problems with rendering and routing.
How to map?
The date is written in YYYY-MM-DD format according to. It is based on the .
If only one year is known or sufficient:
If it was build for several years:
- year_of_construction=1895..1902 (from 1895 to 1902 inclusive)
If no exact date or year can be given, the following rules can be used:
- year_of_construction=~1855 (around 1855)
- year_of_construction=1860s (during the years 1860 to 1869)
- year_of_construction=before 1855 (1854 or earlier)
- year_of_construction=480 BC (in the year 480 before Christ)
- year_of_construction=before 1910-01-20 (before a certain date)
- year_of_construction=after 1823 (in the year 1823 or later)
- year_of_construction=~C13 (about the 13th century)
- year_of_construction=C18 (in the 18th century)
- year_of_construction=mid C14 (in the middle of the 14th century)
- year_of_construction=late 1920s (towards the end of the period from 1920 to 1929)
- year_of_construction=mid C17..late C17 (time period with approximate start and end date)
'1800s' describes the period between 1800 and 1809, not 1800 to 1899.
Prefix can only be 'early ', 'mid ', 'late ', 'before ' or 'after '.
Avoid seasons. E.g. 'summer 1998', because this is interpreted differently in different hemispheres.
The tag year_of_construction=* only indicates the year(s) of construction, but not years of reconstruction or years in which objects were merely renovated / refurbished / modernized. An object must have been completely newly built.
- start_date=* the date a building or other object was opened / released for use
- end_date=* the date a building or other object was closed / the validity of a property ended
- date=* Proposed