Lane assist/Examples/Motorway No Lane Changing
- Main article: Lane_assist
Near the motorway interchange of A1 and A9 in Austria, slightly to the north of exit 196 of the A1. Background image (C) geoimage.at . Proposed tags are written in italic.
- A: Slightly before the interchange three lanes are present on a parallel motorway, all of them with road markings. See the article about motorway_link for information about parallel motorways.
highway=motorway_link oneway=yes ref=A1 lanes=3 turn:lanes=through|slight_right|slight_right
- B: The nodes are placed in the middle of the three lanes. The OSM-way is split at this node, because from this point on it is not allowed to enter or leave the leftmost lane.
- C: Now it is not allowed to enter or leave the leftmost lane.
highway=motorway_link oneway=yes ref=A1 lanes=3 turn:lanes=through|slight_right|slight_right change:lanes=no|not_left|yes
- D: At the beginning of the separation of the motorway link leading to A9, the OSM-way of the parallel motorway is split and the new OSM-way of the link starts. The node itself is placed in the middle of all three lanes.
- E: The OSM way of the link. Road markings are visible.
highway=motorway_link oneway=yes lanes=2 destination:ref=A9 turn:lanes=slight_right|slight_right
- F: The OSM way of the parallel motorway continues.
- G: The first node of the parallel motorway as well as of the link after the split are placed at approximately the same distance to the split. The nodes should not be placed to near to the split to prevent steep angles. The node of the parallel motorway is placed in the middle of the lane, the node of the link is placed in the middle of both lanes. Please see also the note in the deceleration example.
Note about signposts: Between C and D a signpost is clearly visible on the aerial image. If the information from this signpost is also available it should be tagged using destination:lanes=*, destination:ref:lanes=*, destination:symbol:lanes=* and destination:country:lanes=*.