|latitude: 38.2542, longitude: -85.7594|
|Browse map of Louisville 38°15′15.12″ N, 85°45′33.84″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Louisville is a city in Kentucky at latitude 38°15′15.12″ North, longitude 85°45′33.84″ West.
- #Maptime starting in February 2015
- Civic Data Alliance, Louisville's Code for America Brigade, Monthly Meetups and Hackathons
Louisville has an Open Data executive order which says all public data should be open by default
- Open Data Portal
- Open Data License - "Data available through Louisville’s Open Data Portal is offered free and without restriction."
Open GIS Data
LOJIC is the city/county's public/private GIS consortium that updates its data daily. In most cases it has more accurate data than any third party (ie, Google, OSM, Tiger, etc). More open data coming soon.
- LOJIC GIS data - Municipalities, Buildings, Historic Markers, Water, Vegetation, Railroads, Spot Heights, Recreation Areas, Stream
- LOJIC open address data - Street centerlines, addresses, zipcodes
- Planning and Design - Historic areas, Natural Areas, Cemeteries, Land Use.
- Public Works - Urban neighborhoods, traffic signals, signalized intersections, alleys,
The TIGER data seems relatively good for roads.
College and University Campuses
- University of Louisville (Mostly mapped)
- Spencerian College (partially mapped)
- Olmsted Parks System (multtiple historic parks and parkways around the city)
- Waterfront Park
- Louisville Loop
- Ohio River
- Beargrass Creek
- TARC Bus routes (GTFS Real Time Data)