Mechanical Edits/Mateusz Konieczny - bot account/adding wikipedia and wikidata tags to elements with old-style Wikipedia links in Poland
Page content created as advised on Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct#Document_and_discuss_your_plans.
message via OSM I will respond also to PMs to the bot account.
Editing is restricted to Poland.
wikipedia=* are used by editing programs, editors and data consumers and considered as preferable to old-style wikipedia keys.
Depends on how many new old-style tags appear - depends on editing activity in OSM. Such occurrences are extremely rare.
- Editing is limited to objects with old-style Wikipedia tags without wikipedia=* or wikidata=* tag.
- Links detected as invalid (leading to disambigs, articles about humans, animals, plants, events etc) are skipped
- Each changeset contains a single region
- After every changeset bot sleeps for one minute
A theoretical example:
state before a mechanical edit:
- wikipedia:pl=Wielopole (Sieniawa)
state after a mechanical edit:
- wikipedia=pl:Wielopole (Sieniawa)
Changeset would be described and tagged with tags that mark it as automatic, provide link to discussion approving edit, link repository with source code etc
Approved by Polish OSM community at https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=59665
This is reoccurring edit and may be made as soon as new old-style wikipedia links without wikipedia=* or wikidata=* appear. At this moment triggering new edit requires human intervention and review so exact schedule is not predictable and bot may stop running at any moment.
Please write at https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=59665 .