Mechanical Edits/Math1985 mechanical/Several Dutch chain shops
This edit has been executed on 1 January 2016.
I propose to unify the shop tag for several Dutch chain shops. The proposed changes are listed in the following table.
|Name||Current tags||Proposed tag||Comments|
|Etos||473x shop=chemist, 6x shop=convenience||shop=chemist|
|Kruidvat||244x shop=chemist, 26x shop=convenience, 5x shop=supermarket||shop=chemist|
|Shoeby||29x shop=clothes, 9x shop=shoes||shop=clothes||Confusion probably caused by the name.|
|Zeeman||122x shop=clothes, 6x shop=textile, 5x shop=convenience||shop=clothes||shop=textile is not commonly used or supported by data consumers|
|Kwantum||17x shop=furniture, 9x shop=doityourself, 5x shop=interior_decoration||shop=furniture||I would rather see Kwantum as a furniture business than a interior decoration business. They also sell things for decoration, but these are rather accessories for the furniture.|
|Manfield||24x shop=shoes, 7x shop=clothes||shop=shoes||Shoes are the core business|
|Scapino||26x shop=shoes, 19x shop=clothes||shop=shoes||Shoes are the core business|
|Albert Heijn to go||20x shop=supermarket, 18x shop=convenience||shop=convenience||Proposal does not correspond to current practice, but Albert Heijn to go is a prototypical convenience shop.|
|Action||41x shop=variety_store, 9x shop=convenience||shop=variety_store|
|Big Bazar||13x shop=variety_store, 9x shop=department_store, 5x shop=convenience||shop=variety_store|
An overview of affected shops in the Netherlands can be found through Overpass Turbo: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/dqb
The retail chains in this proposal have often been tagged with incorrect shop tags. Correcting the shop tags make the data more useful to data consumers.
I will take the following measurements to guarantee community support and minimize the risk of incorrect edits:
- I will follow, of course, the Automated Edits code of conduct.
- I have created the current page to document this automatic edit.
- I have discussed this edit at the 'users: Netherlands' forum (link).
- I will use JOSM combined with Overpass.
- I will download the data from Overpass, and manually select the Netherlands only. Subsequently, I will change the shop tag to the proposed tag, and upload the data.
- I will do this edit in one changeset per chain with tags "mechanical=yes" and "comment=Correct shop tag, see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Mechanical_Edits/Math1985_mechanical/Several_Dutch_chain_shops".
- This is expected to be a one-time edit. If the need arises for a new round of mass renaming, this will be discussed with the community again.
- I will allow users to opt-out. If users want me not to touch some objects, they can contact me in the forum or by e-mail. No opt-outs have been received.
Matthijs Melissen, email@example.com