|shop = variety_store|
|A variety store or price-point retailer is a retail store that sells inexpensive items|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Aor price-point retailer is a retail store that sells inexpensive items, usually with a single price point for all items in the store. Typical merchandise includes cleaning supplies, toys, and confectionery.
Other names include "dollar store", "discount store", "bargain store", "bargain basement". Common franchise/brand names in the UK: poundstretcher, poundland, everything's a pound, 99p store (and many more). Common Brands/chains of these in the USA include Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar, and Ollie's. In Canada, Dollarama is the largest dollar store chain.
How to map
- operator=* indicates the name of the company operating the variety store
- opening_hours=* hours of opening
- wheelchair=* suitable for wheelchairs
- shop=department_store - Can be similar, but generally higher quality goods. Less compact shelves and might not have aisles with trolleys/shopping carts.
- shop=supermarket - aisles with trolleys/carts, but tends be a lot more about food including perishable foods.
- shop=hardware - Some overlap, with product types, particularly kitchenware & homewares, but hardware is more typically about nuts and bolts and tools etc.
- shop=gift - shop selling gifts / greetings cards