|noname = yes|
|Used to mark the absence of a name, where something really does not have a name in reality.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
noname=yes can be used to mark the absence of a name i.e. where something really does not have a name in reality. This is to distinguish it from the situation where the name=* tag is missing due to incomplete OpenStreetMap data. Missing name=* tag is a common situation, caused by for example sketching over aerial imagery.
This tag was discussed as one of several alternatives under discussion at Proposed features/Noname. Nowadays it has a widespread usage and is used by multiple validators and OSM editors.
- Noname layer of qa.poole.ch, see Qa.poole.ch (QA tool).
- Used by Vespucci – silences validator complaint (presented as a pink outline) about a missing name
- Used by StreetComplete, both added based on what user answered and used in queries
- noaddress=yes – To indicate that a building doesn't have an address.
- nohousenumber=yes – For addresses which do not have a house number.
- name:signed=no – Describes the absence of a sign marking name, object itself may be named or not.