Seamarks/Seamark Tag Values
|Categories of objects, attributes|
|INT-1 cross reference|
Tags for nautical chart features
The following is a list of valid keys and values of tags used for nautical charts. Only tags with these keys will be interpreted by the various nautical chart renderers.
The tags described in these pages may be placed on any node, way (open or closed) or multi-polygon. The direction of ways making up a multi-polygon, either inners or outers, is not important. Only relations with at least one member with role outer and whose outer members form at least one closed area can be processed.
- Main article: seamark tagging schema
All tag keys and values are based on elements defined in the object and attribute catalogues of IHO S-100. The six-letter mnemonics used in that standard have been replaced by words or underscore separated English phrases for human readability.
A complete index to S-100 objects and their OSM tag names: seamark objects
A complete index to S-100 attributes and their OSM tag names: seamark attributes
OSM seamark resources
- Seamark tag values(en)
- Seamark objects(en)
- Seamark attributes(en)
- Categories of objects(en)
- INT-1 cross reference(en)
- Inland waterway notice marks (CEVNI)(en)
- Inland waterway lateral marks (CEVNI)(en)
- S-101 ENC/iENC registry (iho.int), the ENC Data Classification and Encoding Guide (DCEG) can be downloaded as zipped PDF, online access to symbols in Portrayal Register
- International nautical chart symbol legend (Chart INT-1, NOAA)
- Encoding Guide for Inland ENCs (openecdis.org, 2018), an international standard of the Inland ENC Harmonization Group is currently in development (IEHG Publication S-401, 2019)
- European Code for Inland Waterways (CEVNI), (UNECE, Fifth revised version 2015)
- European Code for Signs and Signals on Inland Waterways (SIGNI), (UNECE Resolution N0. 90, 2018)