- OpenLayers Simple Example
- OpenLayers Marker Example - How to add a simple static marker
- Openlayers marker multilayer example - How to add markers from an array to multiple layers
- Openlayers POI layer example - How to show POI markers with an overlay layer
- Openlayers Track example - How to show a .gpx track file in an overlay layer
- OpenLayers osm file example - How to show an .osm file in an overlay layer
- OpenLayers Dynamic POI - How to show POI markers dynamically (with the help of MySQL and PHP) in a rather advanced way
- Faster tiles - Speed up our map presentation by fetching tiles from more than one server
- OpenLayers Local Tiles Example - Browse local OpenStreetMap tiles with a slippymap
- OpenLayers Indoor Map - Example of an interactive, indoor museum map built by the Field Museum.
Most examples are also available for viewing online here.
- More at Category:OpenLayers Examples.
- Creating your own tiles
- Slippy Map - more technical details of our OpenLayers deployment
- Browsing - non-technical help for using our slippy map
- Slippy Map MediaWiki Extension - Embedding OSM slippy maps into this wiki, and other MediaWiki installations.
- OpenLayers Videotutorial
- OpenLayers Library
- OpenLayers Class Diagrams Inheritance hierarchies of OpenLayers-Classes
- Slippy Map Generator - Point and click to set up a map, then download the code needed to initialise OpenLayers.
- Slipple - A simple slippy map resembling Gmaps API, with custom markers and routes.
Base layers & overlays
See Tiles for examples of base layers and overlays available for building online maps