From OpenStreetMap Wiki
This proposal corresponds to map feature Tag:barrier=hedge.
|Rendered as:||dotted light green|
this page has had little work done int he last 6 months. please progress the proposal or it will be deleted on 2008-01-18
New value: natural=hedge
See discussion tag.
- I support the basic idea but like the discussion, would like to see it combined with =fence and =wall. In that case, using key natural= is not the logical choice. man_made= perhaps? A hedge is after all an artificial construct using living materials. MikeCollinson 02:53, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
- I have added Proposed features/life but I think hedgerow belongs under man_made. --TimSC 20:14, 3 June 2007 (BST)
- I disagree, its planted by man, but its not man_made really. Its nature thats manupulated/controlled. Theres many things like that, nearly everything isn't really natural anymore. I've added thousands of hedges under border=hedge anyway, wich covers fence's walls and everything else. It's been proposed for sometime. Check it out. Ben 23:38, 7 June 2007 (BST)
- I can think of two sort of hedgerows. Ones that are more man made or were started by man by some form of planting or weaving half chopped down branches (however they really do it). The other is rath man un-made, the edge of a field that doesn't get ploughed or between that and a vehicle route that cuts into the land forming a raised hedgerow where the plants grow. Am I making any sense to you? - LastGrape
- A shame nothing for hedge/fence exists yet. I wanted to start tagging field boundaries that a footpath goes over, it would help you know your still on the footpath when it's not clear. Also I found a stile in the middle of a field and I think the only way to map that is to map all the other stiles with footpaths! - LastGrape 17:29, 13 May 2008 (UTC)