Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Proposal status:||Abandoned (inactive)|
|Definition:||Access requires a license or permit, for example a local parking license is required to use a parking lot or a permit is required to use a National Park footpath.|
See Proposed features/access=permit for a possible replacement.
add the new value "license" to the "access" tag, to be used on e.g. parking lots.
In the Netherlands there's a number of parking lots (usually in city centers) where you can only park if you have a valid parking license from the local city. Usually only (some) residents and people who work in the city center have a parking license.
Parking lots of this kind are designated [by sign number 9 described as shown here]. These lots are otherwise indistinguishable from ordinary public parking lots
An Example where this would be used is the parking lot named [Gatske here]. (And the one around the Petrus church on that same map tile)
- I think that access=licence is not the right thing because the street is accessable for vehicles without licence. Perhaps a more specific tag like parking=licence would be more consistent. --PieSchie 13:05, 10 June 2008 (UTC)
- Of course the parking lot should be tagged as access=license, not the street. --Schuetzm 11:57, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
- A user on talk asked for an access tag for ways/roads that require authorization (e.g. in National Parks/Protected Areas). Would it be appropriate to include that in this proposal? --Schuetzm 12:04, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
- I think that makes sense. If the proposer agrees, I suggest generalising the definition to:
Access requires a license or permit, for example a local parking license is required to use a parking lot or a permit is required to use a National Park footpath.
- MikeCollinson 12:44, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
- That's fine with me, changed accordingly --cobaco 12:59, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks! And next, from a Javier's suggestion on the talk list, I suggest extending it to ways and nodes as well as areas. MikeCollinson 14:27, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- Right you are, changed --cobaco 09:48, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- Think there is need for a tag access=license. Streets in centres of Dutch cities are sometimes only accessible for license holders, such as those who live in the street or delivery vehicles. Will be in combination with time restrictions. Hugo H 21:11, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
- It should be access=licence in line with British English preference in OSM? Mentor 09:31, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
Alternate Name Sugestions?
- during discussion on the talk list some people proposed access=permit
- others raised the concern that this is to similar to access=permissive and proposed access=permit_required
- I suggest sticking with 'license'. Distinct, simple and should be precise when translated(?). As a native-english speaker, I actually like 'permit' better but wonder if it also might be confused with 'is permitted'. MikeCollinson 14:27, 9 July 2008 (UTC)