Proposed features/amenity=student accommodation
|Definition:||variant of building=dormitory|
|Rendered as:||similar to amenity=school|
There are 14 buildings in building=* that are part of the dormitory.in Munich, the biggest student accommodation in Germany, used for living and some others only used for leisure activities. Moreover in OpenStreetMap some of the buildings are divided. In fact there are more than thirty ways with
How to map
- Drawing the area of the dormitory
- Placing a node in it's middle.
The area or the node representing the dormitory is tagged with amenity=student_accommodation.
Additional information can be given by the following:
- operator=* - often the university name. May also be privately-operated, in which case name the company.
- addr=* - Address details
- capacity=* - The maximum number of residents
- religion=* - if the dormitory is associated with a particular religion (also denomination=*)
- wikipedia=* - Link to a Wikipedia article
- contact=* - Contact details
(Note that amenity=student_accommodation is currently proposed instead of amenity=dormitory, because this meaning of "dormitory" makes most sense in US English and doesn't really fit British English as per OSM.)
The red line in the image on the right surrounds all buildings that are part of the dormitory Studentenstadt in München. It could have the following tags:
- name=Studentenstadt Freimann
- operator=Studentenwerk München
- wikipedia=Studentenstadt Freimann
Please use the Discussion Page.