Вы можете закончить перевод.
Если вы знаете английский, то можете помочь нам, переведя часть оригинальной статьи. Общие сведения о переводе статей на русский язык можно найти здесь.
|The official classification of a road or path|
|Используется на элементах|
The tag designation=* is used to record the legal classification of a way.
Rights of way in England and Wales
Main article: United Kingdom Tagging Guidelines
- designation=restricted_byway (note: in many cases this has replaced the former descriptor 'road used as a public path' or 'RUPP')
Also taginfo shows a significant number of uses of
UK Protected Areas
In the UK there are various levels of nature reserve and protected areas of countryside. It would seem natural to use the designation tag to record the precise type of area, in addition to a more generic tag such as leisure=nature_reserve or boundary=national_park. There are currently a handful of uses of the following tags for this purpose:
- designation=area_of_outstanding_natural_beauty (England and Wales)
- designation=national_scenic_area (Scotland)
- designation=access_land (England and Wales)
When not to use
There are several circumstances where using designation=* may feel natural, but where there are already other established tagging practices. Often these relate to circumstances where the designation of an object isn't an official/legal one. Examples of when not to use designation=* would include:
- Reference numbers, e.g. for roads, bridges, etc. Use ref=* instead.
- The name of something. Use name=* instead.
- The ordinary, non-legal description of something. Use description=* instead.
- The sport played on a pitch or park. Use sport=* instead.
- The religion or denomination of a place of worship, graveyard or other religious object. Use religion=* and/or denomination=* instead.
Status and use
Established. This tag is supported by Potlatch 2, and is part of the guidelines for mapping public rights of way in England and Wales. It was formally proposed and rejected back in March 2011. Despite that, the tag is in widespread use. As of October 2010, Taginfo reported over 19000 uses of this key, most of which are for public_footpath. In January 2012, usage had grown to nearly 75000 objects likely caused by Potlatch 2 including the entry of this tag in the simple interface for most object types.
- Proposed features/Designation
- United Kingdom Tagging Guidelines
- Proposed_features/Highway_administrative_and_physical_descriptions for a proposed global way to store the legal classification of roads