Resolving lintings problems in Denmark
Mapbox QA in Denmark, Summer 2021
- project listed at Organised Editing Activities List
- talk-dk mailinglist thread: https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-dk/2021-July/005570.html
- github issue: https://github.com/mapbox/mapping/issues/385
- forum.openstreetmap.org post: https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=73380
- Mapbox Data Team information: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapbox#Mapbox_Data_Team
We welcome feedback, suggestions, and insights from local mappers. If you have questions about this work, or a specific edit by our team, please reach out to Vlada at email@example.com or post a comment in a changeset.
As part of on-going work to improve the quality of OpenStreetMap data, we recently used osmlint-osmium and osmlint for detecting issues related to road network data in Denmark. In total, there were 189 issues detected across 9 types of linters.
Our plan is to review detected issues in Denmark and fix any valid issues in OpenStreetMap.
We plan to start reviewing detected issues on this week [note:relative to 2021-07-28 ie. 2021-W30], and editing OpenStreetMap data to fix valid issues.
We will use existing OpenStreetMap editing tools, and using the #hashtag #mbx_linters_denmark
Editor: iD or JOSM
Satellite Imagery: Bing, Maxar, Esri
Street Level Imagery: Mapillary, Other open sources if available
Examples of linters in OSM
We used the following linters in Denmark: