Sentinel-2 is an ESA programme of earth observation satellites. Among others, it provides worldwide 10 m resolution colour imagery.
EU law grants free access to Copernicus Sentinel Data and Service Information for the purpose of the following use in so far as it is lawful:
- (a) reproduction;
- (b) distribution;
- (c) communication to the public;
- (d) adaptation, modification and combination with other data and information;
- (e) any combination of points (a) to (d).
- Worldwide coverage in 10 m resolution and full colour
- Very recent, imagery updated between every month to every two weeks
- Published data needs to be processed into usable background imagery by the end user
- Tiles may be cloud covered, check the thumbnails before processing
- Resolution only sufficient to trace major roads and landuse features.