Slovenia Address Import
Government publishes address data which would improve the OpenStreetMap data in Slovenia.
Ideally the address changes would also be imported regularly (not a one-time import).
Data structure is described in:
- http://www.e-prostor.gov.si/fileadmin/struktura/RPE_struktura.pdf (in Slovenian only so far, most detailed)
- http://prostor4.gov.si/imps/srv/eng/catalog.search#/metadata/25e80f41-8348-4759-bac1-ec56c7223509 (English)
- Navigating to section "9. Register of spatial units", then
- Selecting either "Spatial units" (Prostorske enote) or "Streets" (Ulice) or "House numbers" (Hišne številke) radio button, then
- Clicking the button "Download" (Prevzem podatkov)
Source data is in "Slovenia D48" national grid and must be reprojected to WGS84 for use with OpenStreetMap.
Encoding in shapefiles is Windows-1250 and should be converted to UTF-8 for use with OpenStreetMap.
Alternatively it can be downloaded from OpenAddresses source: http://results.openaddresses.io/sources/si/countrywide, where it is already processed for OpenAddresses and served as CSV.
lon;lat;number;street;city;commune;region;postcode;id 13.917641089428125;45.926208653275097;64;Otlica;Otlica;Ajdovščina;Goriška;5270;11070205 15.169655972061838;46.263715322463341;35Č;Ložnica pri Žalcu;Ložnica pri Žalcu;Žalec;Savinjska;3310;15683449 14.57639278370271;46.165850720478034;19;Slamnikarska ulica;Mengeš;Mengeš;Osrednjeslovenska;1234;11493645 13.607346733337508;45.511001309631837;30A;Ulica Božidarja Jakca / Via Božidar Jakac;Lucija / Lucia;Piran;Obalno-kraška;6320;14039660 16.433489695626083;46.553235835670421;77;Glavna ulica / Fő utca;Dolnji Lakoš / Alsólakos;Lendava;Pomurska;9220;12592361
but this source has no separate columns for alternative names (yet, but can be added if needed).
CC-BY 2.5 SI - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/si/legalcode
- Slovenian: http://www.e-prostor.gov.si/fileadmin/struktura/preberi_me.pdf
- English: http://www.e-prostor.gov.si/fileadmin/struktura/ANG/General_terms.pdf
Generally CC-BY data would need additional waiver signed (https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2017/03/17/use-of-cc-by-data/) defining how the attribution should be performed, but GURS has it already in theit terms:
The data user shall indicate the data source in every publication of data or products. Such indications shall include the following data: "Surveying and Mapping Authority of the Republic of Slovenia, the type of data and the time to which the data refer and/or the date of the database."
which is stated on https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright and details on https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#Slovenia
- addr=* tags :
- addr:housenumber=*, eg "5" or "12A" or "35Č", source column LABELA Question: Should the addendum be lowercased as it is usually on house number plates?
- addr:street=*- street name from UL.UL_UIME , joined via UL_MID source column + " / " (separator) + name in alternative bilingual language (Italian / Hungarian) from (UL.UL_DJ column) (eg: "Otlica" or "Glavna ulica / Fő utca" or "Ulica Božidarja Jakca / Via Božidar Jakac")
- addr:postcode=* numerical, 4-digit post code (eg 1000, 1234, 2000...)
- addr:place=* applicable in places (villages, hamlets) with no street system, instead of addr:street=* ???
- Source / attribution tags:
- Intentionally skipped tags:
- GeoCoordinateConverter - https://github.com/mrihtar/GeoCoordinateConverter
- gdal / ogr2ogr
- OSM Conflator or Osmsync or...
- JOSM ?
Import stage (instructions for the importers)
Mandatory: dedicated user accounts with current_username + "_import" postfix, eg "username_import" (easy email alias eg: ime@gmail -> ime+osmimport@gmail)
- StefanB (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap) / StefanB_import (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap)
- fredi_alf (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap) already imported some
- Forum: https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=56034
- Import guidelines
- Multilingual_names (there are Hungarian and Italian names used in Slovenia)
- https://github.com/openaddresses/openaddresses/tree/master/scripts/si Scripts for preparing data for OpenAddresses.
- Similar imports: