Slovenia Address Import
Government publishes address data which would improve the OpenStreetMap data in Slovenia.
Ideally the address changes would also be imported regularly (not a one-time import).
Data structure is described in:
- http://www.e-prostor.gov.si/fileadmin/struktura/RPE_struktura.pdf (in Slovenian only so far, most detailed)
- http://prostor4.gov.si/imps/srv/eng/catalog.search#/metadata/25e80f41-8348-4759-bac1-ec56c7223509 (English)
- Navigating to section "9. Register of spatial units", then
- Selecting either "Spatial units" (Prostorske enote) or "Streets" (Ulice) or "House numbers" (Hišne številke) radio button, then
- Clicking the button "Download" (Prevzem podatkov)
Source data is in "Slovenia D96" national grid and must be reprojected to WGS84 for use with OpenStreetMap.
Encoding in shapefiles is Windows-1250 and should be converted to UTF-8 for use with OpenStreetMap.
Same source is already being used for OpenAddresses, see http://results.openaddresses.io/sources/si/countrywide
CC-BY 4.0 - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
- Slovenian: http://www.e-prostor.gov.si/fileadmin/struktura/preberi_me.pdf
- English: http://www.e-prostor.gov.si/fileadmin/struktura/ANG/General_terms.pdf
Generally CC-BY data would need additional waiver signed (https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2017/03/17/use-of-cc-by-data/) defining how the attribution should be performed, but GURS has it already in their terms:
The data user shall indicate the data source in every publication of data or products. Such indications shall include the following data: "Surveying and Mapping Authority of the Republic of Slovenia, the type of data and the time to which the data refer and/or the date of the database."
which is stated on https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright and details on https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#Slovenia
- addr=* tags :
- addr:housenumber=*, eg "5" or "12a" or "35č", source column LABELA The addendum will be lowercased as it is usually on house number plates to follow on-the-ground principle
- addr:street=*- street name from UL.UL_UIME , joined via UL_MID source column + " / " (separator) + name in alternative bilingual language (Italian / Hungarian) from (UL.UL_DJ column) (eg: "Otlica" or "Glavna ulica / Fő utca" or "Ulica Božidarja Jakca / Via Božidar Jakac") - See Multilingual names in Slovenia
- addr:place=* applicable in places (villages, hamlets) with no street system (no street name present), instead of addr:street=*, same logic regarding bilingualism applies
- addr:postcode=* numerical, 4-digit post code (eg 1000, 1234, 2000...) - PT_ID (from SI.GURS.RPE.PUB.PT.shp) joined via PT_MID
- addr:city=* not strictly required if administrative borders are complete - but it seems common to add a postal area name - PT_UIME (from SI.GURS.RPE.PUB.PT.shp) joined via PT_MID Bilingual in some cases, separated by "-" within same source field Question: should this be split into addr:city:sl=*, addr:city:it=* and addr:city:hu=*?
- Source / attribution tags (trend in recent imports is to only add these tags to changeset, but the connection is easier lost in such cases):
- source:addr=GURS - to denote that address was obtained from GURS - needed to distinguish if address is merged with building outline (some existing data: https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/BqO)
- source:addr:date=YYYY-MM-DD - shp field D_OD - Datum veljavnosti with proper formatting applied. question: 1) should we use source:date=YYYY-MM-DD instead? 2) should it be date when source db was taken (date of shp download) or when individual record was entered into source DB (DV_OD Datum vnosa v bazo)
- ref:gurs:hs_mid=* - value of HS_MID field for preserving the numeric id from the source dataset (Question: should we use source:ref=* or source:addr:ref=* instead?)
- Intentionally skipped tags:
- addr:country=SI Not required if administrative country border is complete (it is, see )
- commune / municipality - not needed, as there are place=municipality tags on polygons, see WikiProject_Slovenia/Regije#Ob.C4.8Dine_-_Admin_Level_.3D_8
- cadastral data, voting/school district... - irrelevant in OSM
"addr:city": "Ljubljana", "addr:housenumber": "14", "addr:postcode": "1000", "addr:street": "Wolfova ulica", "ref:gurs:hs_mid": "12807155", "source:addr": "GURS", "source:addr:date": "1995-01-01"
"addr:city": "Zgornje Jezersko", "addr:housenumber": "16a", "addr:place": "Spodnje Jezersko", "addr:postcode": "4206", "ref:gurs:hs_mid": "12318294", "source:addr": "GURS", "source:addr:date": "2016-06-02"
Bilingual (Italian) street name tags:
"addr:city": "Piran / Pirano", "addr:housenumber": "15", "addr:postcode": "6330", "addr:street": "Tartinijev trg / Piazza Giuseppe Tartini", "addr:street:it": "Piazza Giuseppe Tartini", "addr:street:sl": "Tartinijev trg", "ref:gurs:hs_mid": "14051864", "source:addr": "GURS", "source:addr:date": "1995-01-01"
"addr:city": "Lendava / Lendva", "addr:housenumber": "26", "addr:place": "Trimlini / Hármasmalom", "addr:place:hu": "Hármasmalom", "addr:place:sl": "Trimlini", "addr:postcode": "9220", "ref:gurs:hs_mid": "12642318", "source:addr": "GURS", "source:addr:date": "1995-01-01"
Purpose built software https://github.com/openstreetmap-si/GursAddressesForOSM making use of:
- GeoCoordinateConverter - https://github.com/mrihtar/GeoCoordinateConverter
- gdal / ogr2ogr
- GURS data to split addresses into GeoJSON files by cities (naselja)
- OSM Conflator to produce JOSM file format .osm files with needed changes (or Osmsync or...)
- JOSM to manually upload generated JOSM file format .osm files
- Later, optional: Bulk_upload.py to upload JOSM file format .osm files
The results are published for review at https://addr.openstreetmap.si
Import stage (instructions for the importers)
Mandatory: dedicated user accounts with current_username + "_import" postfix, eg "username_import" (easy email alias eg: ime@gmail -> ime+osmimport@gmail)
- Stefanb (StefanB on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.) / StefanB_import (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.)
- fredi_alf (on osm, edits, contrib, heatmap, chngset com.) already imported some
- Forum: https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=56034
- Import guidelines
- Multilingual names#Slovenia (there are Hungarian and Italian names used in Slovenia)
- https://github.com/openaddresses/openaddresses/tree/master/scripts/si Scripts for preparing data for OpenAddresses.
- Similar imports:
- OSM Inspector view of current addresses